How to make your own lava lamp!
Ok.... I know this isn't exactly a sculpture but it looked like so much fun...
... I had to share this with you!
You will need an adult to help you with this activity.
This is what you need:
An empty water bottle (with a lid)
Food coloring of your choice
Alka-seltzer tablets (ask a grown up about this!)
If you don't have Alka-seltzer tablets watch the video to see how to use table salt instead.
Optional: Glitter or sequins and a torch
How to make your lava lamp
(follow the instructions below or watch the video)
1. Fill an empty water bottle most of the way with vegetable oil.
2. Fill the rest of the bottle with water.
You will notice that the water and the oil stay separate and don't mix.
3. Add a few drops of food colouring of your choice.
4. Ask an adult to break an alka-seltzer tablet into a few small pieces for you.
5. Drop them in the flask one at a time and watch your lava lamp erupt into activity!
Put the lid back on when you've finished! When you want to use it again... just get your grown up to add more 'Alka-Seltzer' tablets!